A 7-12 Co-educational College founded by the Sisters of St Joseph 1883
The School Student Opal Card can only be used for travel between home and school. It does not extend to activities such as school excursions, sports and work experience or attendance at joint secondary /TAFE programs, multi-campus high schools, Saturday school, pre-schools, mini schools (except for full time geographically isolated distance education schemes), before and after school care or child minding premises. The student’s home address is defined as their normal place of residence.
However, the one card can cover both train and different bus companies provided that the trip is from home to school and visa versa.
To apply for an Opal Card click here or phone 131 500 for more information. Please ensure that the address on the opal card application corresponds with the address given on school records.
In a joint/dual custody situation a student is eligible for subsidised travel from both parents’ addresses, subject to meeting the normal eligibility criteria. A separate application must be made for each address.
If you qualify for a Private Vehicle Conveyance (PVC) subsidy (ie. If you’re not close to public transport and need to drive a student more than 1.6kms to the nearest bus stop or school) click here to apply. Remember to give accurate distances.
If parents/guardians are unsure as to where their child should board, it is suggested that the week prior to school commencing in 2019 you contact the relevant transport provider listed below and gain the appropriate information from them or go to their websites.
P | 4990 1699
PO Box 21
P | 4930 6058
|Hunter Valley Buses
6 Glenwood Drive
P | 4935 7200
P | 0412 750 782
To ensure your safety and the comfort of other passengers,
* Behave safely at all times
* Respect the needs and comfort of other passengers
* Respect bus property by not marking or damaging it
* Always follow instructions about safety on the bus
* Show their Opal card to the driver on boarding and when requested
Students will not:
* Distract the driver except in an emergency
* Smoke, eat or drink on the bus
* Allow any part of their body to protrude from the bus
* Fight, spit, use offensive language or place their feet on the seats
* Throw any article inside, or out of, the bus
* Alter, deface, misuse or fraudulently obtain an Opal card
* Give, lend or transfer their Opal card to another student
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions in regard to the School Opal Card.